Is this real life? Benny is 22 months? I don't know how it happened, but I swear, I will never blink again.
He is KILLING it in the cuteness department these days. Every night, I push back bedtime just a few minutes longer, because I don't want to the day to be over with him.
I don't know that I've ever enjoyed this phase with any of my kids this much, but maybe I thought the same thing when they were this age. I really don't remember.
Anyway, I've been the worst mom ever when it comes to documenting his little life, so here's a snapshot of what life is like with this little dreamboat these days.
1. His voice is the CUTEST. It's almost like a croak. And when he makes a mistake, he says, "dawnit."
2. He's my toughest kid to date. When he falls, he cries about 1% of the time. The other 99%, he says, "I okay." It's almost instinct.
3. He says hi and bye, and good night, to things like it's his job. He's still saying bye to Greg from when he left this morning.
4. He learned "no" a long time ago (sometimes, it's "nope"), but I couldn't get him to say yes. He would just grin and start laughing. Finally, he figured out "sess!" It's always accompanied by clapping and jumping.
5. How did I get to #5 without mentioning his jumping? It's his life. He spends a good portion of his waking hours on the "pampine." He jumps on the couches, on the ground, into the pool. Life is meant to be jumped.
6. He rides his "scoot coot" pretty well, if I do say so myself.
7. He sings "twinkle twinkle," on the "rocky" while getting ready for bed.
8. He tells me when he burps, toots, and goes potty. All while laughing.
9. If you happen to be sitting in a seat that he'd like to sit in... let's just say, you won't be sitting there for long.
10. For as long as anyone can remember, our family has had a word. I don't know where it came from, but whenever we're really excited about something, we shout, "minjee!" He's learned the ways.
11. School buses are his jam.
12. So is Alexa and her ways of playing music for him to dance to. I love him dearly, but I don't see a future in dancing for this guy.
13. He's super interested in things hot or cold, dark or light.
13. He's super interested in things hot or cold, dark or light.
14. My absolute BEST nursery-goer. Walks in like he owns the joint, saying, "bye mom."
15. Pretty great eater, but his two loves in life would have to be yogurt, and applesauce (apple-hoss).
16. My BEST sleeper. 3 hour naps, 12 hours at night. And he legitimately gets excited to go to bed. The second I say it's time for bed, he starts saying good night to all his siblings, and toys. He's my favorite.
17. He loves his siblings so much. And they love him so much. It's the sweetest love affair I've ever seen. When they go back to school, he may need counseling.
18. His skin is almost... translucent. When he gets warm, the whole world knows it. Thankfully, he doesn't burn easily (or I'm AMAZING at sunscreening him).
19. He's rarely sad. But if he is, a ride in the golf cart will fix it.
20. You have eyes? He'll poke them.
21. I can't quite catch in on camera, but he has this face that he does when he gets what he wants. It's almost like he knows he has to do it. He does it especially when I ask Alexa to play some music for us and she does.
22. He calls himself "Bemmy."





2 comments:
Oh I love that you put in his pronunciations. What a cutie!
Love this! He's adorable! ❤️
Post a Comment