Two years ago, my mom decided she wanted to celebrate her 60th birthday at Disneyland with all her favorite people. Since most of those people couldn't make it, we got to sub in.
The first day was spent at California Adventure.
The pictures mostly speak for themselves, but spoil alert. It was amazing.
Since we stayed in the hotel, we got to go in an hour early for Magic Hour.
That meant 4 straight runs of California Screamin'. Sweet Kate was so excited, and I got to go with her on her first ride. It's funny how timid she can be for so many things, but roller coasters, she is all in!
Ethan was too scared to go on the first run, but when he saw that Kate lived to tell the tale, he was willing to try for the second. He then wanted to go again, and again, and again. To the point where if he saw a grey shirt heading to the line, he was running after them to join. He ended up going 5 times in a row!
This is where I mention the sad part of our trip. Greg looked (and likely felt even worse) like this the whole first day. It was 105 degrees outside and his body temp was probably somewhere near that. Not a good combo. Poor guy was brave for the first half of the day, but then unfortunately spent the second half in bed. He missed out on some fun, and we missed him even more!
Mom had everything so well planned. We had reservations at the Storytime Cafe. I love that place. It's probably my favorite food at Disney. I still have dreams and visions of that salmon salad. And croutons. And dressing. Wait, what was I saying? Add being able to sit in an air conditioned room for over an hour, with all these lovely people, I couldn't have been happier if there were two of me.
The good thing about doing CA on the hotter of the two days is that there's a lot of indoor things, like shows.
Frozen was absolutely incredible. It's brand new this fall, so even my mom hadn't seen it yet. Thanks to Gram and her sweet scooter, we had amazing seats, too. And watching 3-year old Lyla watch the show was about as magical as life gets.















No comments:
Post a Comment