The end of the school finally came. I was starting to worry it never would. This spring was a rough one. 3 kids on 3 different soccer teams, plus one budding ballerina, I was anywhere and everywhere on a daily basis, most likely in the wrong colored uniform.
But alas, it was all worth it when they got those soccer medals and Kate performed in her recital.
We switched to a different studio this year and I couldn't be happier for so many reasons.
But the fact that her recital was in our town (as opposed to a theater downtown), and less than an hour long was reason enough for cheers and celebration.
She danced her heart out and I couldn't be prouder of my shy girl who said she just wouldn't be able to smile, she was too nervous- but did anyway!
Greg's mom came to town for all the festivities, but I didn't get any pictures.
The end of the school year is best day of the year for moms everywhere.
It doesn't come without consequences, though. I'm going to miss all my one-on-one time with this little champ, who likes a "smoothnie" almost every morning.
School parties are a great time to see your kids play with those they've talked about all year.
While you stand on the side and melt.
Here Kate is with Ava and Sage.
Mrs. Ashley
Mrs. Langenberg
If I were given a magic lamp and granted 3 wished, I would use them on picking best friends for my kids. Arranged marriages nothin. Best friends have such an impact on a kid's life.
Luckily for me, Ethan and Kate picked the most perfect friends for themselves this year. They both live in our neighborhood (BONUS!) and are just the greatest kids.
Meet Oliver. The sweetest, happiest kid who thinks Ethan is the greatest and funniest thing on earth.
I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of Kate with Georgia. I hope to fill that in soon, but she's just as great. She gets Kate out of her shell, is no-drama, and thinks Kate is equally awesome. They're the perfect pair.
They both had a great year this year, with great teachers and friends. Ethan came leaping off the bus on the last day with a huge smile on his face. Sweet Kate came off with tears on her cheeks. She didn't want to say good bye to first grade.
Thank goodness we had a little somethin somethin waiting for her at home.
She thought she'd died and gone to heaven. Cheetos, goldfish, soda- the trifecta of "why do parents let their kids eat this stuff?" (For the record, cupcakes are just fine and might even be a food group, I'll have to check.) It cheered her right up and got summer going on the right foot.
Here's to a great summer!









2 comments:
The picture of Ethan with his teacher is eat-your-heart-out adorable!! This is so cute and so sad they are growing up so much!!
Love thee cute pictures of a fun time for me. Happy Summer!
Post a Comment