but some time last week, these little toddlers turned FIVE...
and this little baby turned TWO.
I thought I was pretty clear. This was NOT to happen.
But it did, so we had no choice but to invite a few friends over for some cake.
It really is crazy to me that the twins are 5. They're like real people, with personalities. And opinions. And friends.
And I wouldn't be a mother if I weren't proud of the little personalities that they have, but I really am. They're such sweet little kids and so much fun to be around. I see them at the playground and everyone wants to be around them.
I've been a little frustrated lately with their actions, so we started the whole cotton balls in the jar for acts of kindness thing and those balls are adding up. I guess more than anything it's been a good reminder to me that they really are bundles of kindness, just waiting to be recognized.
And this guy...
Oh, he is such a charmer. He honestly is the happiest kid I have ever met. And I grew up with Jimmy as my brother.
He thinks EVERYTHING is hilarious.
And he wants everyone in on his joy. "Watch dis, Mommy."
He loves finding "buggerflies."
And playing "duck, duck, juice."
He hears everything and wants to know what it is. "Noise make?"
He's really good with remembering people's names and asks about them when I was sure he had forgotten them.
He loves jumping on the trampoline and being around the twins, but still isn't a fan of the telly.
He keeps himself entertained for as long as I need him to. Usually.
It's not all roses. That 1% he is not happy, he is... a ball of fiery anger.
He's an undies-wearing man, who can open doors, and knows the letters of the alphabet.
But he doesn't know colors (except orange), and still takes a binkie to bed.
That one's my bad.
My kids are awesome. They're not perfect, but they're mine. And I like it that way.




2 comments:
I can't believe Kate and Ethan are 5! That's crazy. Miss those kiddos!
It is crazy how they get so big so fast. I wish I could meet Drew right now because his little personality just looks fabulous. And the twins, too. But there's something about 2 year olds . . . there's nothing like em'.
Post a Comment