I am writing to inform you that a new family will moving into your city limits. This family is a pretty big deal and has a lot to offer. Like, for example, the oldest daughter can touch her tongue to her nose. Big stuff like that.
I know because it's my family.
My husband has accepted a job at some energy company that has something to do with pipelines. At least, I'm pretty sure that's it. All I know is it's dream job/ in-house attorney mumbo jumbo and that means less hours at work and more hours at home doing the dishes. I mean, playing with the kids.
From what I hear, you've got a pretty cool set-up going on and it appears his job is in a pretty swanky part of town complete with Nordstrom, NORDSTROM RACK!!!, Grimaldi's Pizza, BJ's, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and many other super duper awesome places to spend money. We've done our research and it appears the schools in that area are top-notch and the ward is pretty cool, too. With the rolling green hills and dryer air, I'm pretty much sold on San Antionio.
Now I'm writing to tell you that you have a lot to live up to as far as people are concerned. We're coming from a place with quite possibly some of the most awesome people on this beautiful green earth and we're going to miss them a whole lot. My hope is that Texas is Texas and awesome people are just a dime a dozen in these parts. I don't let my mind head down the, "what if it's not?" path, so let's just go with it, k? But, in case there's a small chance that your people aren't as good as our people, this is your fair warning to get your act together and turn up the awesomeness. I'm not quite sure exactly when we'll be joining you. It may depend on how quickly you can get awesome. Greg starts next Friday. The kids and I will join some time after that. Depending on when our house sells, how long we can handle only seeing Greg on the weekends, how quickly I can pack, etc.
Before I close, I'd like to ask two more things of you. Can you please get going with In-N-Out? And get rid of Tony Parker and Tim Duncan? This may take a few years and I'm prepared to wait, but, seriously, it needs to happen. This has gone on for far too long. Bringing in former Dukies would be icing on the cake, but it's not necessary. Just make some changes.
I realize I may be asking a lot. And coming from a family who can't seem to commit to a place for longer than 3 years, I can see why you're a little hesitant to comply. But, I assure you.
We. Are. Worth it.
Sincerely,
Too cool for school
11 comments:
Oh the sign. It's so official :(. but, I hope San Antonio was listening, b/c we sure love you guys and hope they will take good care of you there. Or else your people might have to rough up their people.
Well said! Good luck with the change, lady! I am sure it will be everything and more.
Wow! Big news! I'm happy for you making the in-house jump. Life has been so much better for us on the other side. Good luck!
Just make sure you get a place big enough to host the Bells when we hit Sea World...
No seriously, they are sooooooooo lucky to get you!
Congratulations to Greg on his new job and to you for the new adventure! I would have to agree that you are totally worth them making the changes!
Congrats on the new job!! Bill is also dreaming of in house energy. Moving sucks, but sounds like San Antonio has greener pastures...
Congrats on the new job! It sounds like it will be great, especially the being home more part.
You guys are going to love it! My in-laws that live there say their favorite part is the PEOPLE.
So they are ready for your awesome family! Excited for you guys. Every once in a while I get the itch to move to Texas!
I lived in the Stone Oak area. It's great! (Don't forget to go tubing on the river).
Next, can I just say I would move to far worse places because having the hubs home IS JUST THAT WORTH IT!! Seriously, I just don't know what to do with myself half the time. ;) It's amazing. Peace out Big Law, living on cloud 9 for the 4th week. :)
Congrats on all your changes! We know a few people who live there, and we've heard nothing but great things about San Antonio! And I just heard that the Stevens in Chicago are moving there too! Good luck to you guys.
We'll sure miss you guys! We've been trying to find our way over to visit San Antonio for the last almost 3 years so you guys being there will hopefully be the impetus that gets us there. I'm so glad you'll get to have more family time with Greg!
Post a Comment