Drew and I were able to go to California for a day and a half this week to attend my grandmother's funeral.
It was beautiful.
Just as it should have been. For my grandmother, Darling, is one of the most beautiful people I know.
It was wonderful to be surrounded by so many family members on this day. 

The sister missing from this picture is, no doubt, throwing Darling a welcome home party on the other side. Along with all of her siblings and many other loved ones. If you knew Darling, you'd know that it's a happening party wherever she is. And now, she gets to party free from the pains that her 90-year-old body life brought her.
We will all miss Darling. She was the classiest, funnest, best dressed, best back-scratching, best treat-providing, most loving, complimenting, grandmother that ever lived.
The girl cousins.
One thing that was said over and over again was how she managed to make each of her 14 grandchildren feel like they were her favorite. I'm sure every person she ever met felt equally special. That's a rare gift. And if I take one thing from this wonderful lady, I hope that's it.
So we substituted one naughty 1-year-old, of about the same weight.





2 comments:
I loved reading about your sweet grandmother. She sounds a lot like mine that passed away last year. You always have a way of capturing moments through words, Lauren!
Thank you for sharing this. I know she was a special lady. I'll look forward to getting to know her someday.
Post a Comment