So we got season passes to the Houston Zoo. It’s quite a zoo. Not that I’m a zoo expert or anything, but compared to the LA and Hogle Zoos, this one is top notch. We’ve been a few times and I think this time, we finally figured out how it’s done. Lots of time at each exhibit, very few exhibits. The weather was absolutely perfect, so it was so nice to just enjoy the day. First stop is always the aquarium. Crush, the Jellies, Gil, Nemo, and Dory are all there waiting for us. Every time.
They played lots of peek-a-boo.
Sat on lots of benches.
Chased birds and squirrels. Found sticks. Climbed on fences. We practically went to Africa- we played African drums, saw some baby giraffes and chimps and rhinos and antelopes maybe? (didn’t see a sign) We played in African huts (but not all of them because one hut was occupied by a woman feeling the African spirit and nursing her 2-year-old! Without a cover.)
This pic is actually from the last time we went, but I felt this post was getting a little Kate-heavy. Not that she’s heavy.
We did see a few of the animals we paid to see. I present to you, the Texas Longhorn.
Consider this fair warning: This may turn in to the Disneyland of California, so expect lots of posts about it. I’ll try to make them interesting.
4 comments:
i would do just about anything to live near a zoo.
it's always a hit.
I'm so jealous with your weather. It looks so nice. Your twins are getting so old, crazy how fast time flies by.
Almost any zoo can top the LA zoo, right? It's terrible. this one looks like a winner though!
That's so funny about the zoo becoming the disneyland of texas. =) Just the other day Grace said she loves Trafalga and thinks it's better than Disneyland!! Serisouly, it's the ghetto of ghetto mini golf places, but whatever. =) Glad our kiddos can adjust.
Post a Comment